21 May 2007

best yet

Like any normal person, I love compliments. I always enjoy it when guests tell me, "you're doing a great job!" (I do, however, wonder how they can tell? I always figured the "proof was in the pudding", but I'm not about to turn up my nose at a compliment, so I always thank them and feel buoyed by their praise.)

My favourite compliment yet, though, came from the crazy dancer at Sarah and David's wedding this past Saturday. (Seriously--guy had some MOVES.) He grinned at me and said, "I like you--you get into your work. Kneeling, laying on the floor..." Yes, dancing king, I do get into my work. I love what I do...

also, confession (shhh, don't tell anyone): I like the cliche wedding dance music. There's something comforting and familiar about hearing the same songs over and over...they're like friends that invite you to let your hair down and get your groove on...

And yes...I am that girl in black on the corner of the dance floor trying to somehow stay still so I get my shots...and shake a little to the beat. :-D

No comments: